Caulking And Foaming As Part Of Your IPM Program
In you are going to perform Integrated pest management you have to be able to exclude pests from entering the property and sealing with caulk and foam is a very inexpensive and environmentally friendly way of excluding pests.
Sealing and exclusion is part of any successful IPM Program
• Outside caulking and foaming.
• Holes and crack around the doors and windows.
• Cracks and holes around water spickets.
• Around holes such as cables going into the home.
• Foam in and around Air Conditioning conduit .
• Indoors Caulk and Foam.
• Under the kitchen and bath pipes .
• Pipes and wires running through the wall.
The caulk I use and recommend
DAP Dynaflex 230 10.1 oz. Premium Indoor/Outdoor Sealant $3.98
• Great for both indoor and outdoor caulking
• Goes on white but dries clear
• Does about 50 linear feet of caulk
Foam I use and recommend for indoor use
DAP Daptex Plus 12 oz. Window and Door Foam Sealant $6.98
• It doesn’t over expand
• Its water cleanup
• Clean out and reuse the can and wand
• Great for indoor use under sink for pipes
• Cost almost twice of the Great Stuff
• Would not recommend for outdoor use.
GREAT STUFF 16 oz. Gaps and Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant $3.98
• Great for outdoor use for holding in excluder
• Less cost than Daptex
• Cannot reuse have to use the whole bottle
• Solvent cleanup
• Over expands
Use in combination with Excluder Rodent Proofing Fill Fabric
If your like me you like listening to great content, if you like books then you will love audible books on audio for your smartphone tablet and desktop, and you can get your first listen free by going to http://www.audibletrial.com/PestGeek