Blogging to get new customers is it worth it?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
I have been blogging for just over a year and half now and created only about 100 article most have produced nothing in the form of new customers while others have received thousands of readers in so I asked myself is blogging to get new customers worth it?
Adam Montgomery Lives in Northport, Alabama thanks for the like on FaceBook
ZoeconCentralLS zoecon.com is following us on Twitter
Magnetic Glove/Tissue Dispenser
It took me a year to write my first 50 post, I had difficulty finding topics, sitting down to focus on writing, performing keyword research, editing images, finding images. I had to force myself to write.
I have to admit that I am a terrible writers, I hated writing, but after writing over 100 blog posts in one year I have to say my writing has gotten better and I now look forward to writing to the point that I have challenged myself to write 1000 blog posts with a goal of writing a minimum of 300 posts this year.
Most blogs on blogging focus on the online world online marketing of ideas and how to sell the next great program, software, app or product. So most people in service business cannot relate to blogging as a way to get new customers.
Why with such dismal success would I continue investing my time in writing blogs when 99% of the people reading my blog will never call me for a service.
3 reasons why I write
1 SEO value, 20 blog posts written around one topic will make my target pages rank better.
2 being heard in a noisy world
There are a lot of pest control blogs out there written by either bloggers with no real world experience on how to control a pest and second other pest control companies blogs that only tell you what the problem is and how they are only solution.
People who read a pest control blog are not reading it so they can be informed and have a new topic to talk about over dinner; they are reading a pest control blog because they have a problem and are trying to solve it themselves.
Why would I aid a do it yourselfer do something themselves? It’s self defeating, every study for 50 years tells us that only 20% of households purchase pest control service the other 80% do it themselves they always have and always will so why spend time on someone that will probably never buy from me.
It’s simple I want to help people, helping people is something that characterizes me, with so much bad info out there shame on me if i allow it and do nothing about it.
If you read a blog post and think what you are about to do is easy and it turns out it’s more difficult than you thought you might be one I convert or you may decide to call a local company instead so it helps the industry as a whole.
Blogging is not about you it’s about helping someone else, if you help enough other people get what they want you will get what you want.
You never know what reciprocal effect you will get from a blog it could be a write up in the media, and article that goes viral, or a positive review becouse you helped someone.
Selling and marketing is a numbers game
The one with the most wins more often, from everything I’ve read from dozens of stories there blog really took off after 1000 thousand blogs, so discipline, persistence, endurance is the key to any goal.
The numbers are simple most blog post you write will not be read by anyone, but if you write a blog that solves problems for people that might never be able to afford a professional service and you write enough of those it ads up.
You might write a home run blog post that produces 10,000 readers but writing 1000 post that get 100 reads a months over a period of time is 100,000 reads.
The answer with any endeavor is focus, persistence and determination most people quit after a few blogs because they don’t see the results right away sacrificing long term gains for short term wins.