If you are looking for a new and rewarding career in a growing industry and you have a passion for helping people, a job as an Integrated Pest Management Professional might be what you are searching for!
Pest control professional help protect people, pets, property, plants, and planet from pests that can cause damage and transmit diseases. Professional pest control people are protectors of the environment.
Pest Control Industry Outlook
According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 8% increase in job growth for the professional pest management industry from 2016 to 2026, As fast as the average for all other occupations.
Wages are also in line with most careers in the field service industry
The average entry-level pest control trainee earn while training $35,430 per year
The median annual wage for all pest control workers was $38,640 per year
Experienced Senior Pest Control Technicians make on average $57,400 year.
Most Common Pest Control Specialties are
General Household Pest and Rodent Control
Termite and Other Wood-Destroying Organisms Control
Lawn and Ornamental Pest Control
Pest Control Education and Training
Most companies only require a High School diploma or equivalent and all training is done in house and or on the job. There are only a few pest control schools around the county so pest control is primarily a paid apprenticeship.
Some states require certification or licensing by the Department of Agriculture or pest control boards.
Almost all states require ongoing verifiable and certifiable continuing education credits CEU’s on an annual basis.
Specialty Training tough by Universities on Integrated Pest Management
Certifications As A Associate Certified Entomologist
Graduate Degrees In Entomology as Board Certified Entomologist
Take a look at our sample pest control job descriptions
Pest Control Trainee
And it’s the perfect time for energetic, team-oriented candidates to check us out. If you like working independently, with only general supervision, in a challenging environment, we’re the perfect place for you. We offer excellent compensation and the excitement that’s a daily part of playing on the best service team in the business.
When you join the Team here are just some of the benefits you receive:
- Company Training
- Top Compensation
- Route Ownership Opportunities
This position is responsible for servicing residential and commercial customers providing timely professional indoor and outdoor pest control applications, diagnosing and correcting infestations, deficiencies, and delivering written and verbal professional advice. Builds and maintains market image of quality care and work, excellent customer service, and reliable results.
- Providing a premier customer service experience.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of a pest control route.
- Sales, service and promotions of services.
- Schedule appointments of service.
- Discuss the scope of services provided.
- Respond to client service requests and correct deficiencies.
- Accurately complete all service related paperwork.
- Have a winning personality
- No previous pest control experience required.
- Be a self starter.
- Be detail oriented.
- Be a learner.
- Be a team player.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Have Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Have customer service skills.
- Have problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Have oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a passion for serving people.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Neat, Clean Appearance, Well Groomed.
- Clean driving record.
- Pass drug screening and background check.
- Speak, read and write English.
- Computer literate.
- Own a vehicle with insurance.